Friday, January 14, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week 2: Winter

This week's personal genealogy & history challenge is to write about your winter memories from your childhood.  My winters as a child are very similar to the winters I still experience as an adult.  I live in the same town and neighborhood as I did back then.  I live in western New York near Lake Ontario so we get snow!!!  I hate snow, but as a child it wasn't as bad as I perceive it today.  My childhood winter memories make me think of snowmen and sledding.  We had and still have a great sledding hill.  The hill is part of my family's property and many generations of my family have spent quality hours and trips going up and down the hill. A day spent on the hill always means hot cocoa when you are finished.  Gotta love the cocoa!


Probably the thing that I like best about winter is making snowmen.  It is my favorite thing to do with my boys on a snowy but sunny winter day.  I used to make them with my mom when I was little.   We also spent lots of time making snow forts and playing tag games in the snowy yard.  I remember wearing snow mobile boots and having to put my feet in bread bags before putting them on so that they would stay dry.  As I got a little older I had a really cool pair of white and blue moon boots.
   
Winter Then 

Winter Now


No comments:

Post a Comment