Friday, January 21, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History: Week 3 - Cars

So, this week's personal genealogy and history topic is cars.  I didn't get my first car until I was a in college.  It was a blue 4 door Ford Tempo.  I have no idea the year.  My dad got it used.  It was nice - it was the only used car I've ever driven, all  my other cars have been new.  An interesting story about our Ford Tempo was it was stolen right out of our driveway one night (it had the keys in it).  It was later found and returned.  We found out that one of the people that stole the car was someone we grew up living next to when we were younger.  Needless to say she was mortified when she realized whose car they had taken.  I was just happy to have it returned unharmed.

The first car that I purchased was a 1995 SL2 Saturn Sedan.  It was a wine red color with four doors, a moon roof and had a spoiler on the back.  It was a fun first car.  After that I purchased a green Honda Civic, then it was a Honda Accord, moved to a Mitsubishi Endeavor and now I drive a Honda Odyssey (the ultimate mom vehicle).  I remember when I said I would NEVER own a mini-van, oh how things change.

When I was little I remember my parents owning really big cars.  At the time I was learning how to drive we owned a Ford LTD.  It was huge, green and I hated driving it. I wouldn't even drive it to take my drivers test.  I borrowed my Aunt Wendy's car which was much smaller and easier to parallel park.

My favorite cars are black first generation 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird convertibles. I always like to go to the antique car show with my dad.  I have been doing it for years.  We go every August to the show at the town park in our town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment