Maria Katharina de Bruijne is a 4th great grandmother in my mother's paternal line. She was born approximately 1803 in Cadzand, Zeeland, Netherlands. She was the daughter of Jannis de Bruijne and Katharina de Ruijssche.
Maria would have been 40 around 1843; at that point in her life she had had the following life experiences:
Maria was once widowed.Maria had married Jakob Baas, a peasant servant, on June 11, 1823. He was the son of Francois Baas and Elizabeth den Decker. He was born on September 9, 1802 in Retranchement, Zeeland, Netherlands. They were both 20 years of age, unfortunately their life together was cut short when he died on October 3, 1827. They had been married just over 4 years and had 3 children before Jakob passed away and a fourth child was born after his death. Maria was just 27 years old. Her children were aged 4, 3, 1 and she was pregnant.
Their children were:
- Jannis Baas, a son, born September 6, 1823 only three months after getting married
- Elizabeth Baas, a daughter, born December 29, 1824
- Izaak Baas, a son, born April 30, 1826
- Katharina Maria Baas, a daughter, born after her father's death on February 10, 1828
Maria was married a second time.
- Suzanna Jakoba van der Maas, a daughter, born on July 28, 1835.
- Sara van der Maas, a daughter, born on October 6, 1836.
- Marinus van der Maas, a son, born on December 30, 1837.
- Janneke van der Maas, a daughter, born on September 7, 1840.