Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Longest Ancestral Grave Site Line

A few weeks ago on Genea-Musings: Saturday Night Genealogy Fun the challenge was to trace your longest unbroken line of ancestral gravestones.  This made me kind of sad because I can't go back very far on any of my lines because so many of them are some where in Holland.   The one family line that has been in the US since 1632 has a break in the gravestones with my great great grandfather because he doesn't have a gravestone so I've decided to change this challenge up a little and trace my longest unbroken line of ancestral grave sites.  Below is my line:

My grandfather: Vincent A. Haskins (1918-2002) is buried in the Marion Cemetery in Marion, NY



My great grandfather: Frederick Edward Haskins (1894-1982) is buried in the Marion Cemetery in Marion, NY



My 2nd great grandfather: George Henry Haskins (1854-1925) is buried in the Fountain Hill Cemetery (Pilgrim Rock) Section 18 - Grave #2 in Deep River, CT.  He does not have a gravestone but here is a picture of the family plot where he is buried with his sisters, Julia Frank and Alma Foster.






My 3rd great grandfather: George W. Haskins (1820-1882) is buried in the Smithfield Cemetery in Amenia, NY



My 4th great grandfather: Seymour Haskins (1789-1878) is buried in the Smithfield Cemetery in Amenia, NY.

 



My 5th great grandfather: Jonah Haskins (1761-1816) is buried in the Smithfield Cemetery in Amenia, NY.



No comments:

Post a Comment