- What year was your paternal grandfather born? Divide this number by 100 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
- Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person
- Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number.
- Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook status or a Google Stream post, or as a comment on this blog post.
- Nellie's name at birth was Pietranella Janneta but she went by Nellie which is the name on her death certificate.
- It is believed that Nellie came to the US with her family around 1873 however I am still looking for actual immigration records. My information is from a whole bunch of passed down family notes some of which are still in dutch which I can't read! From what I can conclude she became a naturalized citizen in 1885, but am still looking for the proof of this.
- Nellie was unable to read and write English, but was able to speak it.
|This is Nellie Bushart VanLare with her two daughters; Kate and Sarah|
|This is Nellie Bushart VanLare with her daughter Kate, son in-law Fred,|
and grandchildren Vincent and Esther.