Well, as of yesterday, I did publish a book. It was not what I had in mind when I made the goal, but none the less I used Blurb to publish my family genealogy posts from 2011, so it technically means I reached my goal.
In terms of blogging on a more regular basis I feel I did okay. Life happens and gets in the way but I was able to post 20 times, this will be 21. That means I averaged about 1.75 posts per month. Blogging helped with my research but I feel I still have a long way to go with both.
My goals for 2012:
- Explore and source the DRAKE line of my family tree.
- Investigate and possibly begin the NGS Home Study Course.
- Write research reports on the HASKINS family line.
- Finish reading You Can Write Your Family History by Sharon DeBarolo Carmack and actually begin writing my family history.
- Double my number of posts, so that means I need to post at least 42 times.
- Increase my number of followers by 25% ( I have 24, so that means I need to have 30 by the end of 2012)
- Read and apply some of the tips from The Big Genealogy Blog Book by Amy Coffin.